To get warmed up for a new year of great features and improvements, here’s a few new additions that have rolled in over the last few weeks.
Easily See Collected Photos
Collected photos now display a little arrow icon in the bottom left corner when viewed in your Organizer. Since many of you use Collecting to create galleries, we hope you’ll find this improvement helpful for indicating which photos live elsewhere.
Read more about how to Collect photos, why it rocks, and how to prevent other people from Collecting your images.
Upload to SmugMug from Other iOS Apps
Now you can upload your mobile photos directly from your camera roll and other apps to SmugMug! You’ll need to have the latest version of the free SmugMug App installed on your device, of course. Then simply hit the Share icon in your chosen app and choose SmugMug from the list of available services. In some cases, you may have to look under the “more” option.
This is an excellent way to quickly back up and store your on-the-go photos, which (let’s face it) are probably some of the most precious photos we take. So keep them safe!
Tip: If you don’t see SmugMug on the list of available apps, contact the app’s developer to request that other extensions be added to their list. We’ve got more info about that here.
Relative Links for Fewer Keystrokes
Power, Portfolio, and Business users: Custom links added through the Single Photos, Social Icons, Menus, and Logo Content Blocks now allow relative URLs in the Custom URL field when using a “/” in the beginning of your link.
Three New Video Tutorials
We’ve also been hard at work filling out our library of great video tutorials. Here are three more you can watch and share:
If you like what you see, don’t forget to subscribe to our video tutorials channel and leave us a comment or feedback there. We love hearing what features you could use more help with!
Here’s a list of all the other bugs and fixes we’ve released:
- Pricelists: We bumped performance so managing your Pricelists should be faster!
- It’s now OK if you forget to add “http” or “www” to the front of your links in the Logo, Single Photos, Social Icons, Menu, and the Logo Content Blocks. The link will still work.
- Clicking the browser back-button will now properly close the lightbox when viewing Thumbnail or Collage style galleries.
- We fixed the shopping cart header icon for IE9 users who couldn’t click it to get into the cart and check out. IE9/10/11 are now supported (in addition to all the other browsers that are already supported.)
- We fixed an issue with StatCounter not properly counting image views.
- Turning off centering in the Single Photo Content Block will now properly align the image to the left.
Stay tuned as always for more great features and improvements coming through this space!
- What’s new at SmugMug?
- How to Collect photos and display them in multiple galleries
- Easily upload your mobile photos from any app to SmugMug
- What are Content Blocks and how are they used?
- 6 beautiful ways to display your photos
- How to price and make money with your photos
- Using StatCounter, a third-party stats tool
- SmugMug’s video tutorials on YouTube
- SmugMug’s official iOS App